Why Do Hardwood Floors Add Value to Your Home?
Browse any real estate listing and you'll likely find that “features luxurious hardwood floors” is one of the most common selling points. Ask any home improvement expert on how to add value to your home and “installing hardwood floors” is going to be a very consistent answer.
We all know that hardwood floors are glamorous but does a floor really increase the assessment range of your home? After all a floor is just a floor... right? The truth is, installing hardwood in your home really does make it more appealing to potential buyers. Best of all, it is a renovation project you can enjoy now without losing any value over the long term. Here are some of those reasons why hardwood floors offer such a great ROI:
Hardwood Floors Last...Forever
One of the biggest reasons that installing hardwood floors is such a great investment is because there's a low annual cost. Sure the upfront costs might be a bit higher than vinyl or carpet but hardwood lasts 5-10 times as long as those materials. Also, keep in mind that installing Easiklip is likely the only floor you will purchase over the next 50 to 60 years of your home which makes the annual costs quite minimal in comparison.
Hardwood Floors Can Be Refinished Before Selling
Let's say you owned your home for 50+ years and you are thinking it is time to downsize or move to warmer climates. In this scenario, not only will you have had a single hardwood floor over the period of time that you are the homeowner for you to enjoy, you can also have it sanded and refinished before selling to make it look like new. As a result, you have paid a comparative minimal intial cost to own and enjoy the floor for 50+ years but you can most likely recoup your entire upfront investment (or in some cases make more money) when you sell your home.
Hardwood Floors Appeal to Every Buyer
It may sound like a blanket statement to say that every buyer likes hardwood floor but consider this:
- Hardwood floors are easier to clean and dusty for allergy sufferers.
- For those that prefer carpetting, hardwood floors can be easily covered with carpet which will preserve resale value of your home down the line.
- Hardwood floors matches almost any décor while also giving your home a more upscale feel.
- For those who do not like the current color their hardwood floors, the wood can be sanded and stained to either a darker/lighter color.
- Hardwood floors has little to no maintenance involved.
- Easiklip hardwood floors that get damaged can be easily replaced which is very helpful for those with pets and kids.
- Easiklip floors are a eco-friendly choice because of their long life span and low emittance of harmful VOCs.
Compared to other flooring types, Easiklip hardwood flooring are bound to satisfy a potential home buyer's flooring needs. Hardwood floors are warm, stylish, durable, eco-friendly, and easy to own.
If you are looking to renovate your home or refurbish your flooring, Easiklip hardwood floors will improve the look and quality of your floors and also increase the resell value of your home over time. Investing $8,000 to $15,000 now will most likely give you back 5 times your initial amount down the road – that is why hardwood floors are such a great investment.
- Easiklip Floors