Who We Are
Our mission is to provide sustainable, eco-friendly hardwood floors that are the easiest to install in the industry. We accomplish this by:
- Providing a top quality product that lasts at least 50-70 years (less wasted wood means our forests last longer!)
- Not using volatile organic compounds or formaldehyde in our floors (we care about your health and the environment)
- Providing an ingenious "Klip" system that requires no training and holds our floors together without nails, glue or screws (our floors are easily installed in very little time)
The Easiklip North America Story
The roots of Easiklip’s North American branch date back to the late 1970’s. Leon Chu, the father of Easiklip president Harry Chu, got his start in the log and lumber import & export business in Taiwan. Leon’s father was a carpenter and when the wood supply in Taiwan began to dwindle, a need arose for sourcing wood from other parts of the world. A need which Leon’s business fulfilled.
In 1988, Leon immigrated to Canada to pursue the log business in North America and to start a family. His son, Harry Chu, eventually took over the family log business, which by then, had ties to all sorts of wood product manufacturers. One of those ties was with Jason Tsai, the inventor of the unique patented Easiklip system.
Jason’s manufacturing efforts with Easiklip had already seen success as the flooring became a popular choice for hundreds of homes throughout Asia and Europe. Harry saw great potential in this system as a one-of-a-kind product on the North American market. And thanks to his family’s decades of experience with solid wood, he knew a good product when he saw it. Now in it’s 3rd generation, the Easiklip system continues to lead the way as an innovative, easy and high-quality solid wood flooring that is friendly for DIYers everywhere.
Today, Easiklip North America is run by Harry Chu, his partner Reuben Avery and Harry’s sister Fanny Chu. This small and dedicated team means that you will get customer service that is personal and unique to you. Just what you need when you’re investing your own time and money and a flooring project that will be near and dear to you.
Easiklip North America stocks a limited quantity of flooring at any given time in an attempt ensure less wasted wood when products go unsold and to be more flexible as market demands change with time. Servicing less projects also means that you will receive a higher level of customer care as you will not be lost in the piles of orders, like with other companies.
What makes Easiklip a high-quality hardwood floor?
- Carefully selected lumber and strict quality control standards
- Solid 3/4” thick solid planks
- Precision milled with a micro-beveled edge and tongue & groove profile for securely locking boards together and keeping them together over time
- Lifespan of 50-70 years
- Backed by a 25 year warranty
What makes Easiklip hardwood flooring unique?
- Unique patented clip system. Aluminum clips hold the planks together from the bottom.
- It’s a floating solid hardwood floor. All other hardwoods must be glued, stapled or nailed.
- Suitable for radiant head applications
- Suitable for above or below grade installations.
- Can be installed directly over concrete (with the use of a moisture barrier and foam underlay)
- A great basement hardwood floor option.
- 30-Day Money Back Guarantee so you can shop with peace of mind
- Can be easily uninstalled if you wish to move or renovate.
Meet the Easiklip North America team!
Our small team of passionate Easiklip connoisseurs are dedicated to helping you bring the natural beauty of the outdoors into your home. We live for the smile we see on your face when you can proudly stand back and admire the eco-friendly hardwood floor that you built yourself.
Harry ChuCustomer Education Specialist
Harry was born in Taiwan and was raised in the beautiful city of Vancouver. His family has been involved in log and lumber importing and exporting for several decades, so Harry's progression up the supply chain to finished hardwood flooring products, was a natural one. Having always lived in fast-paced and costly big cities, Harry has become intimately familiar with short project timelines and narrow budgets. It is for these reasons that he loves Easiklp! He loves helping people find the flooring that they can install themselves on tight timelines and even tighter budgets.
When he's not busy making important decisions in the Easiklip office, Harry likes golfing, going to the movies, playing foosball and eating out.
Harry is always eager to hear from Easiklip customers and welcomes any comments or questions from anyone interested in what he believes is the best hardwood flooring product in the North American marketplace.
Reuben AveryCustomer Education Specialist
Reuben grew up on a farm and has always felt very strongly about preserving the limited resources that nature has to offer. He jives with the Easiklip mission because he believes every manufacturing company, big or small, should be producing products that last for decades. He values health above all and finds great pleasure in dealing with Easiklip products because of the absence of nasty chemicals used in most engineered floors. He loves knowing that he can install an amazing hardwood floor by himself, whenever he wants to!
Outside of the Easiklip office, Reuben enjoys performing with his 9-piece funk band (the Phonix), creating new ideas for writing songs, spending time with friends and eating great food. Reuben is also the founder and creator of the Back On Stage app for band management.
Reuben would love to answer any questions you may have about the Easiklip system and help you find the perfect floor for your home!