Easiklip Warranty for Solid Oak Hardwood Floors
EASIKLIP SOLID HARDWOOD FLOORING WARRANTY
Your new EASIKLIP Solid Timber Floor carries a 25 Year Warranty against surface wear (not surface scratches) for Domestic Applications and a 3 Year Warranty against surface wear in the case of Commercial Applications.
This Warranty comes into effect from the date of Original Purchase. The Original dated Purchase Invoice, completed with the distributors stamp, will need to be submitted. The Warranty can only be invoked if all of the conditions detailed below have been fulfilled. Please consult the distributor if you have any doubts.
(1) The Warranty only applies to the original purchaser of the floor. The person deemed to be the first owner is the person stated as the buyer on the original purchase invoice. This Warranty is not transferable.
(2) The Warranty only applies to defects inherent to the material supplied. This is understood to mean any material or production defect acknowledged by the manufacturer, including incorrect machining or pre-finishing.
(3) The Warranty can only be invoked if the surface area damaged for each board is greater than 1cm2 . All claims against surface wear must be easily visible and be at least 10% of the entire floor.
(4) It must be possible to provide proof of strict compliance with the manufacturer’s installation and maintenance procedures. These procedures are located in the fitting instructions leaflets contained in the boxes. In the unlikely event of these not being present, copies should be requested from the distributor prior to installation .Where the purchaser is not fitting the floor personally, a copy of the Installation Instructions must be supplied to the fitter for completion.
(5) Damage of a mechanical nature, such as scratches (for example, caused by dragging furniture over the floor) or surface damage caused by falling objects are NOT covered by this Warranty. Gloss reduction is not considered surface wear. We recommend using protective felt pads fitted to table and chair legs and in the case of wheels or castors, these be housed inside felt backed holders. This Warranty does not cover claims regarding damage such as scratches, indentations, or discoloration, resulting from lack of proper maintenance, misuse, negligence, spiked-heel shoes, pets, insects, water, moisture, fire, pebbles, sand, or other abrasives, insufficient protection on furniture, wet-mopping, excessive heat or dryness or failure to maintain proper levels of humidity
(6) The ingress of sand, grit or other abrasive materials should be prevented. Please install suitable matting at the entrance(s)
(7) We prohibit the use of any adhesive tape on the flooring at any time during installation or thereafter. This includes tapes that are specially made for wood flooring, such as blue or green masking tapes. Use of tape may void this Warranty and no claims will be addressed in regards to defects in the finish as a result of the use of tape.
(8) The floor may not be installed in damp areas such as bathrooms (unless the species is recommended for such areas.
(9) Moisture left on the floor and/or cleaning that is too wet and/or the use of inappropriate cleaning products must be avoided at all times
(10) All Solid Timber Flooring MUST BE INSPECTED before and during Installation. Boards with visible defects must not be installed under any circumstances. We assume that any flooring that has been installed was clear of any visibe defects. No credit will be given for boards that have been installed with visible defects or variances. The distributor must be informed within 15 days of purchase of any such defects and defective material will need to be returned to the distributor for this to be replaced.
(11) The cost of removing and re-fitting such defective material is not the responsibility of the distributor or the manufacturer. In the case where the floor is fitted by a professional Solid Timber Floor fitter, the removal and re-fitting costs must be sought from them and in the case of the purchaser fitting the floor themselves, any such costs will be borne by the purchaser.
(12) The distributor or manufacturer can never be held liable for any secondary damage.
(13) Wear must be notified in writing to the distributor at the latest within 30 days of it being noticed.
(14) The distributor or manufacturer reserve the right and must be offered adequate opportunity to inspect the complaint on-site and where applicable, to inspect the floor in its installed condition.
(15) In the case where a complaint is upheld, only Solid Timber Flooring of a like for like basis will be supplied as replacement material via the distributor. There will be no other form of compensation.
(16) The Warranty is on a sliding scale. When it is applied, account will be taken of a fractional reduction in value caused by wear and tear of 1/25 per year
(17) The services provided as part of this Warranty do not extend the original Warranty Period.