Temporary Wood Flooring Also Perfect for Stages and Studios
Flooring is the foundation of every studio, stage, exhibit booth, or hall. When correctly installed, it becomes more than just a safe, level place to walk. It is a blank canvas for interior decorators, set designers, booth engineers, and trade show strategists to work their magic. After all, the right flooring is the foundation of any design. It ties the aesthetic look and atmosphere of the space together.
If you’re an event planner, set designer or someone who is involved in constructing trade show booths, using a removable hardwood floor is your best choice and investment. But you need to use the solid wood, not cheap laminates that can crack, look fake or require glue and nails to install it.
Besides a classy charm and warm look, solid hardwood is durable and safer for your guests, especially those wearing high heels or hard shoes. It can save you time and be economical too. Unfortunately, if you want wood for your design, you either have to install it permanently, or you’re limited to mostly simulated wood grain vinyl products. Neither one is a good flooring options. But don’t despair, there is another flooring solution.
Are you considering using a solid hardwood floor for your temporary set or function? We are going tell you about a temporary flooring that you install over the existing surface without permanent glues or screws in just a moment.
“We all know the sense of comfort of which we are conscious when a good half of the floor space in a room is unencumbered; this seems to offer us the agreeable possibility of moving about freely.” – Maria Montessori, Famous Italian physician & educator
First, let’s talk about the advantages of using solid wood.
5 Reasons to Choose Solid Oak Hardwood as Temporary Flooring
Solid oak not only looks elegant, but it’s also easy to match with your theme and décor. And, here are more reasons to choose solid hardwood for floors:
1. High-Quality Look
A real wood floor is always in style. It adds depth, warmth, and character to any space. Artificial wood grain vinyl can produce a harsh glare under studio lights and tend to be slippery. Real wood has a soft, appealing look even under theatrical lighting.
2. Wood Has Better Acoustics
Wood has an IIC rating of around 60, a medium impact sound absorption quality. Once installed, there’s no vibration or the hollow sounds that you get with concrete or vinyl over concrete. It provides a natural resonance to studios and stages alike.
3. It’s Easy to Clean
Cleaning just involves dry mopping or vacuuming, and occasional damp moping if needed. Between cleanings, wood floors with beveled edges hold dirt in the small gap, significantly reducing surface scratches.
4. Durability That Stands Up to Traffic
Unlike laminate flooring, solid hardwood can take the weight of stage equipment and heavy foot traffic. It’s ideal for stage productions or trade shows.
The Janka Hardness Scale ranks wood hardness. White oak’s hardness is 1360, one of the hardest for flooring. Oak floorboards last for decades with proper maintenance.
5. A Sensible Long-Term Investment
Solid wood flooring can last for 50 to 70 years or more with proper care. Temporary flooring can stack and remain in storage for years provided that the temperature and humidity remain consistent.
They are easily maintained or repaired unlike vinyl or cheap laminate flooring. Temporary wood floors can be sanded and refinished to match any color scheme and reused many times. Refinishing can save thousands of dollars over replacing and add years more life to the same floor.
Why You Should Avoid Laminates and Wood Veneers
For a wood grain look, you can find an artificial peel and stick vinyl wood-like veneer glued to a composite board. Unless it has non-urea-formaldehyde resins, it could emit toxic fumes for months, and vinyl won’t look right or last as long as solid wood.
You can find wood veneers that are glued to a composite board underneath, but they won’t stand up to the rigors of stage traffic because the veneer is usually less than a ¼ in thick.
Whether permanent or temporary, the primary considerations for using solid hardwood flooring are the cost and difficulty of installation. Fortunately, we’ve solved these issues for you. It’s called Easiklip solid hardwood flooring.
The Flooring Solution to Any Stage, Set or Exhibition
Whether you need a new permanent stage floor, a temporary set floor, or a trade show booth that you can pack up and move, Easiklip is the right flooring option for you.
Easiklip is a solid, sustainable White Oak. Each board has a tongue-and-groove for seamless assembly.
However, the real secret to the system is the patented aluminum clip that holds the boards together. It fits into a slot cut into each board, and the silicone beading in each clip allows the wood to expand quietly without creaking or warping.
Here are a few other reasons it will work for you:
No Nails, No Glue, No Fuss
What’s unique about Easiklip hardwood floors is it installs without tools. It uses a patented aluminum clip that firmly connects boards together without screws, glue, or nails. This video demonstrates just how simple this system is.
Fast Setup and Easy Removal
Easiklip floors float above the existing floor, as long as it is smooth and dry. Because it is not permanent, it requires no special skills to install. Here is more information about installing the floor:
- For beginner installers, we conservatively estimate 1-2 hours of labor for every 100 sq. ft. With a larger crew, or a little bit of experience you can go much faster.
- For installation over existing flooring, the floor humidity must be lower than 10%. Over a concrete floor, the moisture can't exceed 2.5 to 3%.
- It's reusable, and you remove it in reverse of how you installed it. You can number the bottom of each board if you need the same set up the next time, but it’s not necessary.
- Store and transport the flooring so that it remains flat, preferably in long boxes. Transporting the boards on the sides can easily cause damage to the tongue and groove edges. We recommend wrapping all boards with newspaper or a flexible foam to prevent them from scratching each other.
Comes Pre-Finished, Use it Immediately
- Easiklip comes ready to install. It saves many days of messy labor over floors that need to be sanded and finished on site. You can use it immediately after installation. However, for the best performance, you should acclimate the boards for three days at your location before installing.
- It can be covered with other rolled flooring to change scenes quickly.
- Choose from four colors – Natural Oak, Greywash, Rustic Smoke Stain, and Rustic White Bleach. Depending on the color, each board has 7 to 8 coats of low-gloss, UV cured oil with a quality guaranteed for 25 years.
Click on the links above to get magnified views of each type.
- Texture – Each board has a beveled The surface textures are smooth on the natural oak and grey wash. For Rustic Smoke Stain and Rustic White Bleach, the surface has a distressed, hand-scraped look.
Floats Over Any Level Sub-Floor
- As previously mentioned, Easiklip is a floating floor that lays on top of the existing floor. Because you use no glue or fasteners, there is no damage to the subfloor, protecting it for future use.
For best results, use an underlayment membrane no thicker than 3mm, and the subfloor must be clean and level.
- The aluminum clips use silicone beads to grip the boards firmly while allowing for natural, quiet movement and expansion.
Easy to Maintain or Replace
- White oak is one of the most hard-wearing flooring materials on the market, but it’s not indestructible. Easily repair surface scratches by lightly sanding and using a colored marker. Fill deep gouges with wood repair putty, then sand and stain. Read more about repairing your floor on our blog.
- Damaged boards can be removed and replaced without destroying the floor because it is not a permanent installation.
The Perfect Option for Set Designers and Event Planners
This easy to install flooring system will work in any location including:
- Home dance studios
- Television and movie studio sets
- Recording studios
- Professional dance classes
- Theatrical stages – professional, schools or universities
- Conventions and trade show booths
- Event marketing venues
- Indoor seasonal displays for malls
When your stage needs a touch of class and the natural look of wood, but you don’t want a permanent fixture, use Easiklip.
Quality Lumber Products Since 1988
Easiklip is a family-owned company. Harry Chu, the president, is a third-generation lumber specialist. Easiklip provides this unique flooring system to luxury homes and businesses throughout North America.
The Easiklip team provides you with first-class customer service and a high-quality flooring system backed by full guarantees.
Worry-Free Product Warranty and Guarantee
Place your order with confidence because we stand by everything we sell. You get a 30-day money-back guarantee plus a 3-year warranty on all of our floors.
Easiklip covers the floor with a 3-Year Warranty against surface wear in the case of commercial applications (25-years for residential). Terms and conditions apply
You can find this information on the website, but here is the specification for one box of flooring.
Material – White Oak
- Board dimensions – Length varies from 12 to 55 in., Width: 5 in., Thickness: ¾ in.
- Number of clips per box – 42
- One box covers 15 ft.
- Finish – Low-gloss. Choice of 4 colors - Natural Oak, Greywash, Rustic Smoke Stain, and Rustic White Bleach.
- Shipping weight – 42 lb./box
- Box dimensions - Height: 3 in., Length: 57 in. Width: 10.2 in.
- Colors and Textures
- Smooth Surface -natural oak and grey wash
- Distressed/Hand Scraped Surface – rustic smoke stain and rustic white bleach
Order and Cost Information
All our pricing is available on our online hardwood flooring store.
Use PayPal, Apple pay or your preferred major credit card.
If you prefer to speak with one of our team members, you can open a chat on screen.
You can purchase any flooring that is on “Backorder” today and will become available on the date specified on the product page. Any “in stock” products ordered today will be shipped or ready for pickup within 3-5 business days.
Order A Free Sample Kit
If you’re unsure of which style suits your needs, why not order a free sample kit? It contains a 5"x5.75" board sample of each of our four colors plus two aluminum clips to see how smoothly they go together.
Customer Support and FAQs
We understand that every location and requirement is different. To meet your budget and requirements contact us today.
- Call 1-855-539-5547 (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
- Open a chat line from any product page on our website
- Email - email@example.com
- Visit our FAQ page
- 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
- Easiklip Warranty for Solid Oak Hardwood Floors
Let us help you with your next stage, or exhibit floor. Contact us today with any questions.
As an Amazon Associate, Easiklip Floors earns from qualifying purchases. This helps us provide more great blog content. Thank you for your support.
- Bill Grover